Sunday, November 25, 2007

Clean Old-Fashioned Hate (a.k.a. Hell's too good for 'em)


It doesn't have to be pretty to be appreciated, does it? I was unfortunately in some crappy part of the country that refused to televise the game. Which game do I get? The West Virginia game.I mean, come on. That game was over just after the first half. I think that at some point they actually did switch to the UGA game, but by then most of those crazy plays had already happened. Regardless, georgiadogs.com has a great compilation of pictures.
I've been reading some of the message boards, and there seems to be a general consensus that somehow the referees were cheating for UGA. What games have you seen this year? What about all the games where the referees were doing everything in their power to ensure that we don't win? All the tech fans appear to be hung up on this pass interference call. As bitter as we may be about certain games in the past that affected us, the calls that are made are a part of the game. That is not to say that the pass interference call was bogus. It is just to say that even if there are questionable calls, you still have to make enough plays to win the game in spite of the officiating. I would refer you back to the Florida game and to the Auburn game that we played in this year. We really pissed off the officials, and it showed. Yet, we continued to make plays and still won those games.
By the way, if I were a Georgia Tech alumnus I would think it would be pretty embarrassing that over half my stadium was comprised of the opposing team's fans. Although, I bet they're used to it. I don't know why, but it's just further proof that Atlanta is one of the worst sports cities in the country. Do you think we could start a website called keepchangailey.com? Maybe we can also put in a request for Reggie Ball to come back as Tech's quarterbacks coach.
Of course, I'm always a sucker for an anti-motivational poster. I highly recommend following that link if you're into some anti-Georgia Tech humor. Who isn't?

No comments: