1) Clams with jalapeno, lemon, and basil (I usually don't buy clams, so I made a compound butter with jalapeno, lime, and cilantro and used as a dipping sauce for snow-crab legs.
2) Black bean, jicama, and grilled corn salad
3) Barbecued tri-tip with caramelized red onions topped with a red wine BBQ sauce (I use flat-iron steak if tri-tip looks crappy)
4) Skillet corn bread with roasted poblano & oregano
5) Roasted red pepper salad with bacon dressing and pine nuts
6) For desert, Ghirardelli double chocolate brownies (use the mix, it's awesome) served hot with some B & J's vanilla ice cream