Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Whadjou call me, boy?

Since there is some single malt scotch discussion on here (by me only, thus far) I thought it was pertinent to have a discussion about the pronunciation of some of the distilleries. Granted, it's Gaelic, and even though my family apparently is Welsh (go figure, it sounded more like a lion and tiger tamer from Munchen, but even his last name is Williams), I'm no expert. I've heard the word Glenmorangie pronounced 3 different ways, Caol Ila about 4 or 5, and you don't even want to know about Bruichladdich or Bunnahabhain.
Luckily, someone has put all this information on the web, like everything else. Hard to know about the authenticity, like everything else. But given how creepy these dudes sound making these recordings.... A story like that, 's gotta be true Jerry, 's gotta be!
Enjoy it.

http://www.dcs.ed.ac.uk/home/jhb/whisky/pronounc.html

No comments: